Harwood Union High School will continue to provide Driver’s Education opportunities to our students eligible with a valid permit through private driving schools during the 2023-2024 school year. Jerry Cassel and Paul Dudley will each be providing 2 different courses - for a total of 4 - summer, fall, winter and spring.
As dictated by the Department of Motor Vehicles, Jerry Cassels or Paul Dudley will provide the following in order for students to complete a “Vermont Driver Safety Certification”:
- 30 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 hours of supervised driving
- 6 hours of in-car observation time
All instruction, driving and observation time will be completed outside of school hours. Please see below for additional details:
- Parent night will be held in advance of course starting
- Instruction will be in person
- In person instruction will take place at Harwood Union High school
- Courses will run for 6-8 weeks depending on the session
- 4 sessions will be provided - summer, fall, winter & spring
Summer Course: (Dudley’s Driving Academy)
June 19th - August 11th
Fall Course: (Dudley’s Driving Academy)
October 27th - December 22nd
Winter Course: (Mad River Valley Driving)
January 17th - February 21st
Spring Course: (Mad River Valley Driving)
March 13th - April 17th
Please note -
- Registration priority will be given according to age with 12th, 11th, then 10th and finally 9th grade.
- Students will not receive Harwood credit for Driver’s Education courses.
- Harwood Union High School will be billed directly for the cost of each student's course.
For more information or to register students, families should call or email Jerry Cassels or Paul Dudley depending on the session. Please see contact information below:
Jerry Cassels - Mad River Valley Driving
Paul Dudley - Dudley’s Driving
*details regarding each course will be communicated to families and students upon request to the instructor.