Not having the ability to actually have a graduation rehearsal or practice, I hope this will provide helpful information as to how we envision the graduation ceremony on Saturday, June 20th.
● Graduates will receive a facial mask and must wear it any time they are out of their vehicle.
● Facial masks may be removed when speaking at the podium or when having a photo taken.
A formal program will be shared with all next week prior to graduation. We will not be printing programs for graduation, so please print your own copy or have access to it on your phone.
Saturday, June 20 - Ceremony at 9:00 am.
8:00 am - Parking will open. There are no assigned or designated parking spaces, so as graduates arrive, they will be directed to park their vehicle. All graduates and guests in 1 vehicle will park on the front field.
9:00 am - Ceremony will begin.
On the stage will be the School Board Chair; Caitlin Hollister, Superintendent Nease, Principal Atwood, Asst. Principal Krotinger, Guest Speaker; Mr. Shepler and Senior Class Lead TA; Barbara Saxe.
Bagpipers will begin the ceremony
“Pomp and Circumstances” will be played. Mr. Rivers has pre-recorded this with HU Jazz band.
Welcome by Principal Atwood
While the Welcome is being delivered by Mrs. Atwood - Daniel Robinson and Anne Fennelly will leave their vehicles and make their way towards the stage. They will wear masks and social distance.
Pledge of Allegiance led by a member of the senior class - Daniel Robinson
Introduction of Commencement Speaker - Anne Fennelly
Anne will introduce Mr. Shepler
Graduation Speaker- Greg Shepler
Deliver his speech to the class of 2020
Announcement of Diplomas - Nancy Myrto
● At this time Nancy will be calling graduates to come to receive their diplomas.
● This will be done in Alphabetical order.
● We ask that guests refrain from tooting horns as this may prevent other graduates from hearing their name being announced.
● We will be calling up two groups at a time.
○ One group will be lined up -wearing masks and social distance in preparation to receive
their diploma.There will be a couple senior TA’s there to guide you through this.
○ The next group will be in a waiting area, near the stage lined up, on deck to receive their
diploma. As one group receives their diploma, the next group will be called to the waiting
area by Nancy.
○ It is important that each graduate remember the group they are assigned to. There will be
senior TA’s at the waiting area to assist you with getting lined up, again maintaining social
distancing and wearing your mask.
● There will be a basket to collect any letters the graduates have written for teachers, staff administrators.
They can place them in the basket as they receive their diploma.
● As each graduate is given their diploma by Mrs. Atwood, they will make their way across the stage.
● Once they are off the stage, they will receive a flower from Ms. Saxe, photos will be taken.
● Facial masks may be removed for photos.
● Each graduate will then walk to the table to receive a senior gift from the Class of 2020 and then proceed back to their vehicle.
Declaration of Diplomas and Changing of the Tassels - Board Chair - Caitlin Hollister
● School Board Chair Caitlin Holister will confirm the diplomas and ask that each graduate change their tassel from the right to the left.
Special Message to the Class of 2020
Senior Speeches- Sam Crafts, Lili Platt, Julianne Young
● Senior Speakers will be called to the stage as a group.
● They will each be called to the podium to deliver their speech. Speakers can remove their facial mask while presenting their speech.
● When finished , they will proceed back to their vehicle.
Presentation of the Class Gift - Melissa Neff
● Melissa will be called to the stage to present the class gift.
● She can remove her facial mask while presenting her speech.
● When finished, she will proceed back to her vehicle.
Closing remarks - Mrs. Atwood
Processional: TOOTING of our HORNS
● Ask that all vehicles honor our graduates in the tooting of their horn
All vehicles will then be directed toward the exit to leave the front field.
There is a scheduled parade after graduation. Anyone wishing to participate can meet in the Harwood main parking lot, by the soccer field after exiting the front field.